Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Enter Projects and Displays in All Areas of:
- Vocational Education
- Technology Education
- Industrial Arts
- Tech Prep
Pre-registration is required and is due to the Engineering Technology Department by 4 pm, Friday, April 19, 2013.
If your school did not receive an Exhibit mailing from the Engineering Technology Department, please see the official announcement letter (pdf) and contact:
Knoblauch Hall 135
Western Illinois University
Macomb, IL 61455
Ms. Marie Bell
Phone: (309) 298-1091
Fax: (309) 298-1061
Division 6 - General Metalworking
- 16 - Sheet metal
- 17 - Raising and spinning
- 18 - Foundry and casting
- 19 - Welding
- 20 - Other -- including wrought iron
Division 7 - Furniture making
- 21 - Items such as dressers, desks, cabinets, hutches, clocks, etc. which contain doors and/or drawers
Division 8 - General Woodworking
- 22 - Hand woodworking -- majority of the techniques used in the construction must be by hand woodworking processes as opposed to machine woodworking (power tools)
- 23 - Machine woodworking up to, but not as complex as, furniture with doors and drawers
- 24 - Multiple entries of a singular or class project
Division 9 - Rendering and Illustrating
- 29 - Machine Parts
- 31 - Architectural Rendering
Division 1 - Mechanical CAD
- 01 - Mechanical Drawings by CAD
Division 2 - Machine Drafting
- 28 - Mechanical Drawings Done on the Board
Division 3 - Architectural Drawings
- 09 - Architectural Drawings by CAD
- 10 - Architectural Drawings Done on the Board
Division 4 - Graphic Arts
- 07 - Electronic Page Layout
- 08 - Website Design
- 11 - Printing Press (one color)
- 12 - Printing Press (two or more colors)
- 13 - Screen printing Processes
- 14 - Digital Image Manipulation
- 15 - Digital Illustration
Division 5 - Machine Metalworking
- 30 - All machine tool processes
Division 10 - Open
27 - Includes all entries not classified in any other prescribed division. Open division includes:
STEM, Wind Energy, Power Mechanics, Mass Production, Architectural Models, Crafts, Tech Prep, Electrical/Electronics, modular systems, PLTW, and Illinois Plan projects.
Regulations for Participation
- Notification of special facility accommodations (such as electricity, plywood flooring, etc.) needed for the exhibit, April 26
- Pre-registration - Deadline 4:00 p.m., April 19
- Project Check-in Registration - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Thursday, April 25
- Judging - 5:00 p.m., Thursday, April 25
- The Open Exhibit - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Friday, April 26
- Awards Ceremony - 11:45 a.m., Friday, April 26
- Project Removal - 12:00 p.m., Friday, April 26
Projects may be submitted by any public, private, or parochial school student enrolled in an industrial education, tech prep, vocational, or arts and crafts course during the current school year.
Only student projects made under the supervision of a classroom teacher as specified above may be entered. Projects must have been started and completed during the current school year.
The project must be the sole work of the student submitting it, except for Mass Production entries and Illinois Plan entries which may be noted with group names.
The instructor's responsibility is restricted to guidance and supervision in the student's selection, planning, and execution of the project.
Students may enter only three projects under each classification, but may enter as many different classifications as desired.
How to Complete the Pre-Registration Forms
Students may enter as many divisions as they wish, but can only enter three projects in each of the division's classifications.
- Enter the student's name on the form (last name first, then first name).
- Select the student's level (1 - 4) from the following list and enter the number in the level column.
- Level 1 - Students through grade eight
- Level 2 - Ninth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students with no more than one year (1-2 semesters) of experience in a given division of work.
- Level 3 - Tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students with up to two years (3-4 semesters) of experience in a given division of work.
- Level 4 - Vocational education students and others with more than two years (5 or more semesters) of experience in a given division of work.
- Select the division (1-10) from the Division & Classification Chart and enter the number in the division column.
- Select the project classification number (1-31) from the Division & Classification Chart and enter the number in the classification column.
- Enter the description of the project in the description column.
- Select the next student and repeat steps 1 through 5.
- Complete the remaining information on teacher, school, address, newspaper, etc.
- Registration deadline is 4 pm, Friday, April 19, 2013.