Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Please reserve and mark your calendar, the 24th and 25th of April 2014 for the 56th Ralph Dirksen Engineering Technology Exhibit.
Exhibit set-up and judging will be on the afternoon/evening of the 24th and the Exhibit viewing will be on the 25th of April. The information packet, contest rules, brochure, and project and team entry information will be posted on this web page by March 1, 2014.
The contest and competition activities are being hosted by student members of the Western Illinois Construction Management Association. They are:
- an egg drop contest for 7-9 grade students.
- a bridge building and testing contest for 10-12 grade students.
Students will design and build the egg drop containment device and the bridge according to specifications and bring them to the competitions. The competitions will be held during the morning viewing session on the 25th of April.
In the OPEN Division, there will be an opportunity for students to exhibit activities, projects, etc. in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), Engineering by Design, and/or Project Lead The Way (PLTW).
We are looking forward to your continued, new, or renewed participation!
C. Ray Diez
Professor and Chair
Department of Engineering Technology
Division and Classification Chart
Division 6 - General Metalworking
- 16 - Sheet metal
- 17 - Raising and spinning
- 18 - Foundry and casting
- 19 - Welding
- 20 - Other -- including wrought iron
Division 7 - Furniture making
- 21 - Items such as dressers, desks, cabinets, hutches, clocks, etc. which contain doors and/or drawers
Division 8 - General Woodworking
- 22 - Hand woodworking -- majority of the techniques used in the construction must be by hand woodworking processes as opposed to machine woodworking (power tools)
- 23 - Machine woodworking up to, but not as complex as, furniture with doors and drawers
- 24 - Multiple entries of a singular or class project
Division 9 - Rendering and Illustrating
- 29 - Machine Parts
- 31 - Architectural Rendering
Division 1 - Mechanical CAD
- 01 - Mechanical Drawings by CAD
Division 2 - Machine Drafting
- 28 - Mechanical Drawings Done on the Board
Division 3 - Architectural Drawings
- 09 - Architectural Drawings by CAD
- 10 - Architectural Drawings Done on the Board
Division 4 - Graphic Arts
- 07 - Electronic Page Layout
- 08 - Website Design
- 11 - Printing Press (one color)
- 12 - Printing Press (two or more colors)
- 13 - Screen printing Processes
- 14 - Digital Image Manipulation
- 15 - Digital Illustration
Division 5 - Machine Metalworking
- 30 - All machine tool processes
Division 10 - Open
27 - Includes all entries not classified in any other prescribed division. Open division includes:
STEM, Wind Energy, Power Mechanics, Mass Production, Architectural Models, Crafts, Tech Prep, Electrical/Electronics, modular systems, PLTW, and Illinois Plan projects.