Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Accounting & Finance
About Beta Alpha Psi
Our Mission Statement
Beta Alpha Psi is an honorary organization for Financial Information students and professionals. The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
- Awarded Superior Chapter for 25 years straight.
- KPMG Gold Challenge - 2009 Winners in which members were asked to create a video detailing the ways in which our chapter exceeds superior chapter qualities.
- Co-hosted the 2010 Midwest Regional Meeting in Chicago, Illinois.
- Two students attended the 2010 BAP National Meeting and Leadership Conference in Denver, Colorado. At the event, member Dave Oswald competed in Project Run With It.
Requirements to Join
- Have declared a major in accounting, finance or information systems decision sciences.
- Have completed, in additional to two years of collegiate business and nonbusiness courses, at least one upper level accounting, finance or information management course (for transfer students the most recent qualifying course must be a Western Illinois University or another AACSB institution).
- Have attained a cumulative grade average in upper level major courses of at least 3.0 and have attained at least a cumulative grade average of 3.0.
- In order to fully benefit from Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) activities, students seeking to be BAP candidates must declare their candidacy when they have at least the equivalent of one academic year (two semesters) remaining prior to graduation.
Required Membership Activities
- Attendance at Business Meetings & Presentations
- Serve 1 hour weekly in the Tutor Lab
- Participate in Golf Outing/Fundraiser
- Participate in Accounting Challenge
- Participate in Meet the Firms
- Participate in Angel Tree