Credit by External Examination
Western Illinois University grants college-level credit to students successfully completing any of the programs listed below prior to enrollment at Western. Students can receive up to 30 semester hours of credit for graduation from military, external testing, or a combination of both.
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB)
- Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Proficiency Examination Program (PEP)
For specific information related to score requirements and academic areas covered by these programs, contact the Office of Admissions, Sherman Hall 103, telephone (309) 298-3144.