Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Sociology & Anthropology
Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, 2004
Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Office: Morgan Hall 405
- Phone: (309) 298-3494
- E-mail: D-Bideshi@wiu.edu
- Soc 100: Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 255: Deviant Behavior
- Soc 300: Minority Peoples
- Soc 333: Classical Sociological Theory
- Soc 334: Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Soc 355: Criminology
- Soc 415: Stratification
- Soc 463: Sociology of Law
- Soc 500: Professional Seminar in Sociology
- Soc 518: Classical Sociological Theory
- Soc 519: Contemporary Sociological Theory
Areas of Specialization
Sociological Theory, Criminology, Socio-Legal Studies, Law and Society; Sociology of Law.
- Bideshi, Davison & Augustine J. Kposowa. 2012. “African Immigrants and Capital Conversion in the U.S. Labor market: Comparison by race and National Origin.” The Western Journal of Black Studies, 36(Fall), 1, 181-200.
- Bideshi, Davison. 2008. Social Theory, Law, and Residence: Explorations of Bourdieu, Black, Ely, and Dworkin. Saarbrüken, Germany: VDM Verlag.
- Kposowa, Augustine J. & Davison Bideshi. 2008. “Reassessing the Sources of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in U.S. Adult Mortality.” The Western Journal of Black Studies, 30(July), 1, 1-14.
- Davison Bideshi. “The Behavior of Law in Civil Matters: Pushing the Boundaries of Blackian Theory.” Paper presented at the 2012 Pacific Sociological Association’s Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA, 22nd-25th March. The Sociology of Law Section.
- Gari D. Matsey & Davison Bideshi. “Personas and Poles: An Ethnographic Exploration of Exotic Dancing as an Occupation, Social Labelling, Stigma, and Socialisation. Paper presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society in Minneapolis, MN, 29th March-1st April. The Labeling Theory and Deviance Section.
Pacific Sociological Association (PSA); American Association of University Professors (AAUP); Society for the Study of Social Problems (SSSP)