Department of Psychology
Specialist Program in School Psychology
Welcome to the School Psychology Program at Western Illinois University!
Fast Facts about the Specialist in School Psychology Program:
- The Program has been in existence since 1968 and has graduated approximately 325 students.
- Fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) since 1995.
- The Program focuses on training school psychologists to work in rural areas of Illinois and surrounding states.
- Practicum experiences in local schools during the first and second year.
- Every graduate wishing to be employed as a school psychologist has found such employment.
- Most program graduates have taken first jobs as school psychologists in Illinois.
Each year, the deadline for fall admission consideration is February 1st.
To learn more about the school psychology faculty, please click here.