Department of Psychology
Schedule for presentations: The colloquium committee has traditionally arranged for presentations to be either bi-monthly or every three weeks throughout the semester. The committee's goal is to organize a total of six presentations per semester. The committee will meet within a week of being formed in order to elect a chair and discuss and distribute the workload for the semester or year.
FALL 2012 Colloquium Speakers
- Friday, September 14, 2012: Tara Galovski, Ph.D.: Advances in Treating Survivors of Interpersonal Violence with Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Friday, October 05, 2012: Douglas Gentile, Ph.D.
- Friday, October 26, 2012: Josh Carlson, Ph.D.
- Friday, November 30, 2012: David Gilber, Ph.D.
Goals and Aims of the Speaker Series
- Presenters: Faculty are solicited to present their research and to provide recommendations for speakers from outside the Western Illinois University community. The committee's aim is to invite up to three external speakers depending on funding available. Each external speaker is offered an honorarium of $100, with travel, meal, and hotel expenses reimbursed.Traditionally two external speakers within driving distance and one speaker who would require the purchase of an airline ticket have been invited to present their research.
- Research Emphasis: Speakers are usually chosen based on representation of a research area that is of particular interest to members of the department or from research areas that are not addressed within the department. The general goal is to include research presentations from varied and distinct areas of psychology.