Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Department of Physics
- Ph.D. – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1996
- Applied Physics I Labs(Fall) - PHYS 114
- Applied Physics II Labs(Spring) - PHYS 115
- General Physics I Labs(Fall) - PHYS 124
- General Physics II Labs(Spring) - PHYS 125
- University Physics I Labs (Fall) – PHYS 211
- Analytical Mechanics(Fall) - PHYS 311
- Electrodynamics – (Spring) PHYS 320
Experimental AMO Physics
Current research interests:
- Synthesis and characterization of glasses doped with nano particles .
- Study their electronic and optical properties using optical absorption and fluorescence experiments.
- Investigating the effect of nanoparticles on the optical properties of rare earth ions in glasses.
- "The effect of host glass on the optical properties of Nd3+, Sm3+ and Dy3+ in lead borate glasses", M.B. Saisudha and J. Ramakrishna, Phys. Rev. B53, 6186 (1996).
- "The fluorescence of Nd3+ in lead borate and bismuth borate glasses with large stimulated emission cross-section", M.B. Saisudha, K.S.R. Koteshwara Rao, H.L. Bhat and J. Ramakrishna, J. Appl. Phys. 80, 4845 (1996).
- "Optical absorption of Nd3+ in bismuth borate glasses with large radiative transition probabilities", M.B. Saisudha and J.Ramakrishna, Optical Materials, 18(4),403-417 (2002).