Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
School of Nursing
Application Process for Nursing Degree Students
- File completed application with the School of Nursing by the appropriate due date.
Students will be considered pre-BSN until all the Nursing Major admission requirements are met or permission is granted by the Admission, Progression, and Retention Committee.
- Submit a current copy of the Illinois License to practice nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Maintain minimum cumulative g.p.a.
- Submit official transcripts with the application for admission. Failure to submit all post-secondary transcripts will result in a denial of admission.
- Secure and submit letters of reference from two professional references: one academic (i.e., instructor or professor) and one clinical (i.e., supervisor).
- Provide documentation to Beu Health Center that all health requirements have been met by the due date.
This program is highly competitive. Meeting or exceeding the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.