Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
School of Nursing
RN-BSN Completion Program
The RN-BSN Completion Program is designed for working nurses who have either an Associates degree or diploma in nursing and who are currently licensed to practice nursing. Prospective students should complete all general education and nursing support course work before starting nursing courses, however course work can be completed concurrently with nursing.
Courses are presented in a face to face/online/CODEC hybrid.
- At least two face to face meetings are required each semester.
- Physical Assessment practice will occur in the physical assessment lab with the instructor.
- Clinical practice/project is required for the community health course.
The minimum semester hour requirement for the baccalaureate degree is 120 s.h. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing will require additional hours.
All students seeking the Bachelor of Science in Nursing must complete requirements 1-4.
- University General Education curriculum- 45 s.h.
- CHEM 101, 102; FCS 109; PHIL 120; PSY 100; SOC 100; STAT 171; Multicultural Studies Elective
- Core Courses- 21 s.h.
- NURS 302, 312, 316, 405, 407, 408†, 461
- Emphasis of Study (RN-BSN Completion)
- NURS 300, 308, 409† 9 s.h.
- Select one course from NURS 430, 431, 432, 433 3 s.h.
- Transfer nursing courses from associate’s degree or diploma in nursing 30 s.h.
- Other Requirements 15 s.h.
- FCS 121; MICR 200; ZOOL 230, 231
†NURS 408 and 409 fulfill the Writing Instruction in the Discipline (WID) graduation requirement for the RN-BSN Completion Program.