School of Nursing
The Pre-nursing program is for students who need to meet general education requirements and nursing support course requirements in preparation for application to the Pre-Licensure BSN program.
Steps to Success
Prospective pre-nursing students MUST;
- Apply for and be granted regular admission to Western Illinois University by contacting the Admissions Office
- Complete and submit nursing application, received from Admissions, to the School of Nursing.
- Upon acceptance to the School of Nursing, successfully complete the course of study with an adequate g.p.a. to be eligible to apply for the Pre-Licensure BSN program
- While in your second year of study, apply to the Pre-Licensure BSN program requesting acceptance into the program
- Once accepted, continue in your studies for the Pre-Licensure BSN
Declaring Your Intent to Study Pre-Nursing
Individuals who wish to enter the Pre-Nursing program MUST declare their intent with admissions. To do this;
- Complete the application sent by WIU Admission and submit to the School of Nursing
- Once accepted, you will be meeting with the nursing advisor to select your courses of study for the Pre-Nursing program.
The student is then placed in a program where the general education and nursing support course requirements can be completed.
Course Pre-Requisites for Successful Admission
All general education and nursing prerequisite courses must be satisfactorily completed by the required date.