School of Nursing
Admission to the School of Nursing
The School of Nursing at Western Illinois University is committed to educating future professional nurses who are clinically competent using evidenced based practice as the norm, capable of critical thinking using information and information technology to design and redesign care and care systems, and ethically and legally accountable for their actions. The School offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) for pre-licensure students as well as a completion program for those students who are registered nurses.
Acceptance into the nursing major:
1. Upon being admitted to Western Illinois University, students will apply for admission into the School of Nursing. Applicants to the School of Nursing will be classified into one of the follow categories:
- a. Early admission into the Nursing major
- b. Accepted in the Pre-Nursing program and required to complete criteria for admission to the Nursing Major.
- c. Recommended to enroll in another major and complete the criteria for admission to the Nursing Major.
2. Complete all General Education and Nursing support course requirements
3. For categories 1b and 1c (above), submit formal application to the nursing major.
Options for Admission (Which One is for You?)
- Admission to the Pre-Nursing Program
- Admission to the Pre-Licensure (Pre-BSN) Program
- Admission to the RN - BSN Completion Program
Please feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.