Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
School of Nursing
Admission to the School of Nursing
The School of Nursing at Western Illinois University is obligated to educating future professional nurses who are clinically competent using evidenced based practice as the norm, capable of critical thinking using information and information technology to design and redesign care and care systems, and ethically and legally accountable for their actions. The School offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) for pre-licensure students as well as a completion program for those students who are registered nurses.
Acceptance into the nursing major involves three stages:
- 1. Be admitted to Western Illinois University.
- 2. Complete all general education and nursing support course requirements.
- 3. Make formal application to the nursing major.
Admission to Western Illinois University
Prospective nursing students must apply for and be granted regular admission to the University. Students should indicate they want enroll in the pre-BSN program.
Options for Admission (Which One is for You?)
- Admission to the Pre-Nursing Program
- Admission to the Pre-Licensure (Pre-BSN) Program
- Admission to the RN - BSN Completion Program
Please feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.