College of Arts and Sciences
Providing An Excellent Liberal Arts and Sciences Education
The College of Arts and Sciences provides a premier learning experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels through the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. In addition to offering General Education Curriculum courses for all students in the University, programs in the College prepare students for employment and advanced studies in graduate and professional schools. We are committed to creating a learning community rich in faculty-student collaboration on research and scholarly endeavors and providing guided experiences through internships, community-based learning, and practical experiences. We are dedicated to promoting an appreciation of diversity and instilling intellectual habits of mind necessary for living life fully in an ever-changing world.
Research, Scholarship, Seminar and Internship Opportunities
- RISE@WIU Scholarships Awarded
- RISE@WIU is Impacting Western Students
- REU and RISE Programs: Providing Students with Prestigious and Competitive Research Academic Experiences
- RISE Students Present Summer Research at RISE Symposium
Information about. . .
Highlights & Upcoming Events
Panelists: Professor Jongho Lee; Associate Professor Jonathan Day; Professor Janna Dietz
Date: November 30
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Place: Morgan Hall 101A
Date: Thursdsay, December 1
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Place: Currens Hall 205
Congratulations to our faculty who won Provost's Awards for Academic Excellence:
- Febe Pamonag, History - Multicultural Teaching
- Julia Albarracin, Political Science - Internationalizing the Campus
- Shawn Meagher, Biological Sciences - Teaching
- Thomas Hegna, Geology - Teaching with Technology