Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The History Department News
Our department has a proud tradition of excellent career preparation for students in a broad spectrum of jobs. Are you an alumnus? Please contact us and let us know what you're up to!
For previous news, view our archive.
Students and Alumni
- Graduate students in the Department of History interested in seeking a position teaching at the post-secondary level (Community Colleges and University) can now take advantage of a new service being offered by the department. Faculty members with experience will consult with alumnae on revising a CV/Resume for the demands of post-secondary teaching positions. The employment market in these posts requires a curriculum vita that is markedly different from the typical business resume. We can set up a meeting to review your current resume and discuss whether and how you might revise your CV to better suit the current market. To get started contact the department chairman Simon Cordery at 309-298-1053 or S-Cordery@wiu.edu
Faculty & Staff News
- Dr. Roberto Mazza publishes a new article, "Missing Voices in Rediscovering Late Ottoman and Early British Jerusalem," Jerusalem Quarterly
- The Golden Key International Honour Society has selected Dr. Jennifer McNabb as a winner of the 2013 Advisor Professional Development Grant, which carries a $1,000 award. In announcing the award, Golden Key Scholarships coordinator Nancy Chamlee wrote, "We are very proud to have you as a Golden Key member. On behalf of the Golden Key Board of Directors, the Volunteer Leadership, and Headquarters Staff, we extend to you our heartfelt congratulations for being selected as this year’s winner. We echo those sentiments and add our own congratulations to Dr. McNabb!
- Congratulations to Professor Lee L. Brice who has been selected as a 2014 Gertrude Smith Professor and a Co-Director of the Summer Session of the American School of Classical Studies in Athens.
- Dr. Cole publishes a new article in The Progressive
- History Prof. McNabb honored with alumni achievement award
- Dr. Mazza publishes a new article, "For God and La Patrie: Antonin Jaussen, Dominica Priest and French intelligence agent in the Middle East," First World War Studies
- Dr. Brice publishes a new book, Greek Warfare: From the Battle of Marathon to the Conquests of Alexander the Great (Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio)
- Dr. Cole publishes a new essay, "Industrial Workers of the World," in the Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia
- Dr. Febe Pamonag publishes a new article, "'A Bryn Mawr School in the East': Transpacific Initiatives for Japanese Women’s Higher Education," in the November 2012 issue of the AHA's Pacific Historical Review!