History Scholarships and Awards
The Department of History offers numerous scholarships for undergraduate and graduate majors. For more information please contact the Department Chair, Dr. Jennifer McNabb, at: JL-McNabb@wiu.edu
To donate to one or more of the History Department's scholarships or awards, click here.
Scholarships for History Undergraduates
- Gordon W. Kirk Honors History Scholarship (History majors, Honors Degree Candidate): $1,000 per year for 4 years: ACT 27 or higher, 24 or 26 and top 10%. GPA 3.4 for renewal. Application Form
- Charles G. Sadler History Memorial Scholarship (first year): $1,000 or $2,000 per year for 4 years; 25 ACT or higher. Application Form
- Emily V. Leonard History Memorial Scholarship (first year): $1,000 per year for 4 years; 23 ACT or higher. Application Form
- Larry T. Balsamo History Teacher Education Scholarship (Teacher Ed freshmen): $1,000 per year for 5 years; 28 ACT or higher. Application Form
- Susan & Cliff Haka History Opportunity Award (sophomores, juniors, and seniors): $500 per semester; 3.0 GPA or higher and financial need, based on FAFSA. The application deadline for Fall semester is May 1 of the preceding Spring semester. The application deadline for Spring semester is December 1 of the preceding Fall semester: Haka Application Form
- Victor and Mary Hicken History Scholarship (juniors and seniors): $1,000 per year for up to 2 years; 3.5 GPA. The application deadline is May 1 of the preceding Spring semester in even-numbered years: Hicken Application Form
- Undergraduate Research Awards (History majors and minors). Contact the faculty member with whom you wish to work, for further information.
- Richard D. and Janet L. Boynton History Honors Thesis Award (senior status): $500 award for one semester. Fall semester nomination deadline: December 1; Spring semester deadline: May 1. Contact the Department Chair for further information.
- Darrell and Virginia Dykstra Memorial Scholarship (grad students): $1,500 per year for 2 years; 3.25 GPA
- David P. Pasquini Award (grad students who are full-time teachers): $750 one-time award
- Professor Emeritus Graduate Student Research Awards (grad students): up to $500 per research project or conference presentation
History Honors Graduates