Associated Students of History
Visit ASH on Facebook!
The Associated Students of History (ASH), winner of the College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Student Organization Award, is an organization designed to promote history both as a field of study and as a hobby. Among its many members, ASH includes history majors and minors, education students with concentrations in history, and others interested in the study of the past. Members meet on a regular basis during the academic year to discuss historical and professional topics and to participate in the variety of history-related programs, lectures, and movies regularly sponsored by ASH. In addition, each semester ASH sponsors a free day trip to a regional site of historical interest. For the latest news about ASH's activities, see "ASH in the News" below.
Dr. Simon Cordery at ASH Lecture
Membership in ASH is open to anyone interested in history. There are no dues, fees, or obligations to join or participate in the organization's activities.
ASH's table at the WIU Majors' Fair
ASH's officers for 2015:
Kirsten Bellisle, President
Daniel Kellogg, Secretary
Nick Ebelhack, Treasurer
ASH at work in the Western Illinois Museum Archives
You are also invited to join the Associated Students of History group on Facebook .
Dr. Febe Pamonag Presenting at ASH Lecture
For further information on events and programs sponsored by ASH, stop by the Department of History, or contact ASH's Faculty Advisor, Dr. Ginny Boynton .
ASH's Relay for Life Teams have raised more than $1,500 for cancer research!
- ASH Elects New Officers for 2010
- ASH Elects New Officers for 2009
- Current & Past ASH Officers Abby Lagemann & Mallorie Clark Graduate with Honors
- ASH Wins 2009 College Award for Outstanding Student Organization
- ASH President Abby Lagemann Wins Dykstra Graduate Scholarship from History Department
- ASH Member and Former Officer Mallorie Clark Wins Undergraduate Research Day Prize
- ASH Member and Former Officer Mallorie Clark Named College Scholar by Honors College
- Two ASH Officers Make Presentations at Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference
- ASH Hosts Panel of Educators with Advice on Careers in Teaching
- ASH Member Cody Boland Represents Students
- ASH President Abby Lagemann Honored by Department
- ASH Takes Field Trip to Bishop Hill
- ASH Sponsors Spring 2009 History Course Fair
- ASH Sponsors "Summer Adventures in History" Gathering
- ASH Hosts Successful Fall Kick-Off Party for History Students
- ASH Officers and Committees for 2008-2009 Elected
- ASH Helps to Beautify WIU Campus
Jillien Zudell, Abby Lagemann, and Dr. Jen McNabb at the WIU Majors' Fair
ASH and Phi Alpha Theta , the History Department's honor society, often plan joint activities. You are invited to join in the fun!