Department of Geography
RECENT MASTER'S THESES AND APPLIED PROJECTS (ADVISOR)
- Nakarmi, Bibhuti (Sutton) A Geographic Information System Site Suitability Analysis for Ethanol Processing in Illinois
- Menge, Tim (Sutton) The Geography of Sex Offenders in Iowa
- Egner, Michael (Herman) The Development of an ENSO-Based Streamflow Model for the Illinois River Waterway
- Haessler, Katherine (Merrett) Maricopa County Urban Heat island Study: Remote Sampling Through the Use of Glider Data
- Hanson, Brian (Sutton) An Analysis of College Football Recruiting Patterns Within the Big 10 Conference, 2002-2008
- Ortlieb, John (Park) The Court Creek Watershed Protection Plan Process
- Derek Rieckman (Deng) Evaluating Spatial Interpolation Techniques for Precision Agriculture Using Soybean Yield Data
- Weigand, Nicole (Merrett) Mapping the Arts in Illinois: The Role of Local Agencies in Community Economic Development
- Pelletier, Chase (Merrett) A Site Suitability Analysis of Wind Farms in Illinois
- Diehl, Dallas (Merrett), The Buffalo Commons and the Conservation Reserve Program: Their Shared Impact on the Population of the Northern Great Plains.
- Nozaki, Keisuke (Thompson), Spatial and Temporal Analysis of Deer-Vehicle Accidents in Illinois.
- Owiredu, Eric (Greene) The Quest For a Change: An Analysis of Alabama's 2003 Tax Reform Referendum
- Terry, Brock (Ehlschlaeger), Locating Suitable Sites for Municipal Solid Waste Landfills in Fulton, McDonough, and Warren Counties, Illinois: Using GIS Suitability Analysis.
- Anderson, Eric (Merrett), Developing an E-Waste Recycling Program in Rural Illinois.
- Matthews, Travis (Park), Local and World Geographic Literacy: A Case Study of Crawford Co., Illinois High School Students and Randolph Counties.
- Ruh, Shannon (Merrett), Regional Perceptions of Ethanol as an Automobile Fuel Additive in the Northeast, Midwest, and California
- Sample, Shawn. (Sutton). Citizen Participatory Planning Through Photo Elicitation in Centralia, Illinois.
- Schultz, Dale (Merrrett), Red Counties in a Blue State: A Geographical Analysis of the 2004 U.S. Senate Election in Illinois.
- Barker, Darrel (Choi), Public Knowledge and Perceptions of Wetlands and Wetlands Mitigation Policy: A Study of Four Illinois Counties.
- Toader, Mihaela (Merrett). Romania’s Accession in the European Union: A Critical-Geopolitical Approach
- Eggert, Janelle (Merrett), Value-Added Producer Alliances: Membership Perspectives on Economic and Community Development in Rural Illinois.
- Chataut, Satya (Park), Geographic Concentration of Asian Indians in Chicago: 1980-2000.
- Gustison, Steve (Sutton), The Evolution of the Quincy, Illinois Transportation System and its Impact on Urban Land Use Patterns.
- Jarcik, Kent (Merrett), Social Capital and the Creation of Community Networks: An Essential Component of Community Decision-Making.
- Kaskie, Shawn (Park), A Regional Economic Development Plan for Northwestern Illinois: Experiences and Outcomes of Developing the 2004-2008 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Update.
- Mogensen, Andrew (Merrett), An Inquiry into the Current Status and Decline of African-American Farming in America.
- Moore, Zachary (Merrett), The Geography of School Funding Reform in Texas: The Impact of "Robin Hood" Laws on Rich and Poor School Districts.
- Oddermann, Brittany (Merrett), Promoting Rural Transit Coordination: Developing A Demonstration Project in Macomb, Illinois.
- Peterson, Kyle (Sutton), The Relationships Between Urban Vegetation Change and Quality of Life Variable Change in Chicago, Illinois from 1970 to 2000.
- Poudyal, Neelam (Ehlschlaeger), Landscape Scale Study of Forest Fragments in Illinois, 2000.
- Wellman, Melanie (Merrett), Input-Output Analysis of Recreational Facilities in the Peoria-Pekin MSA: O'Brien Field vs. the Peoria Civic Center.
- Cho, Jayoung (Park), Environmental Inequalities of Toxic Release Inventory Facilities in Chicago.
- Dulal, Hari Bansha (Merrett), Geography of Homeownership in Illinois.
- Koirala, Shesh (Lewis), A GIS Approach to Floodplain Mapping.
- McLaughlin, Patrick W. (Merrett), Promoting Rural Community Development: Community Suported Agriculture Farms in the United States.
- Morrell, Trent R. (Merrett), Cultural Identity in the Residential Landscape of Rural Suffolk County, England.
- Swain, Joseph B. N. (Sutton), Changes in Location and Concentration of Ethnic Groups in the Western United States, 1980-2000.
- Walker, Brad (Merrett), The Potential Effect of the Proposed Outer Belt Highway Upon the LESA Values of Adjacent Agricultural Land in Kendall County, Illinois.
- Williamson, Kevin C. (Park), The Role of Urban Forestry on the Urban-Rural Fringe in Highland, Illinois
- Zwiebel, John W. (Merrett), Using a "Spatial-Epic" GIS Model to Map Highly Erodible Soils within the Elk River Watershed for Clinton & Jackson Counties in Eastern Iowa.
- Atkinson, Heather L. (Sutton), Community and Economic Development in Annawan, Illinois.
- Kazmierski, Robert D. (Merrett), Community Economic Development Strategies of Day County, South Dakota: Building an Economic Development Program.
- Pandey, Pramod (Merrett), "Time Dollars" and Community Development in the Grace Hill Neighborhood, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Sawyer, R. Shane (Park), The Role of the Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Commission in Community Development in Southern Illinois.
- Schabilion, Daniel T. (Merrett), The Future of Panama's Omar Torrijos National Park: Land-use Conflict or Sustainable Development.
- Snedeker, David (Merrett), Sustainable Planning in Polo, Illinois.
- Hall, Terry A. (Kohler), The Court Creek Pilot Watershed Project in Knox County, Illinois.
- Hubbard, Bradley J. (Park), Transportation Needs Assessment of Monroe and Randolph Counties.
- Lindley, Todd D. (Lewis), The Investigation, Selection, and Implementation of Interactive Mapping Solutions for the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs.
- Rugg, William P. (Park), Attribute Standardization Within Property Databases Used By Economic Development Organizations in Illinois.
- Trepanier, Owen J. (Merrett), Strengthening Local Civic Organizations: A Strategy For Developing Social Capital and Community Capacity.
- Eckerly, Margo D. (Park), The Planning and Development of a Certified Rrual Health Clinic: A Case Study of Table Grove, Illinois.
- Honer, Mary M. (Merrett), Planning and Urban Forestry in the Rural-Urban Fringe of Chicago.
- Randall, Ann K. (Kohler), Drinking Water Infrastructure Needs of Small Illinois Communities.
- Shaw, Rebecca L. (Merrett), Community Transit in the Greater Wabash Region of Illinois.
- Bauman-Eavy, Barbara J. (Merrett), Watseka: Building Community Spirit and Community Development.
- French, Charles (Crump), Ashland, Gateway to Site M: The Impact of Park Visitors on Gateway Communities.
- Young, Melanie A. (Park), American Heritage River Designation Procedure: The New River Headwaters, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.