English and Journalism
Fall 2007 News & Events
We have posted our fall 2007 newsletter (link is PDF).
We have selected Jessica Makler, English, and Kyle Moss, Journalism, as Departmental Scholars for the fall 2007 semester. Annette Glotfelty, English, and Charles Davis, Journalism, have been nominated for the Lincoln Laureate Award. Congratulations to these outstanding students!
Read our News-meister coverage of Western’s mock elections!
Course descriptions for Spring 2008 have been posted.
- Sat Dec 15: Undergraduate and graduate commencement.
- Dec 10-14: Final exam week.
- Nov 19-23: Thanksgiving break.
- Thu Nov 15: Deadline for John Mahoney Research Fellowship applications.
- Wed Nov 14: Case writer Richard Siken’s Q&A session, 4:30pm, Simpkins 027.
- Wed Nov 14: Magliocco lecture: Michelle Citron, independent filmmaker and film scholar, film screening and presentation, 6:00pm, Sandburg Theatre. Reception to follow in Capitol Room.
- Tue Nov 13: Case writer Richard Siken’s public reading, 7:00pm, WIU Art Gallery.
- Fri Nov 9: Scott Slovic, “Living Lightly and Inconsistently on the Campus: Sustainability and the Academic Life,” keynote for the fourth annual EGO conference. 7:00pm, Morgan 109.
- Fri Nov 2: Journalism Day, 9:00am-2:00pm, University Union.
- Sat Oct 6: Graduate program party, 7pm, Dilger's house.
- Tue Sep 25: EGO, 4:00pm, Simpkins 341.
- Wed Sep 19: Michael Walker discusses Laurel Canyon, 3:00pm, University Union, Sandburg Theatre.
- Wed Sep 12: Faculty meeting, noon, Simpkins 014.
- Wed Sep 12: PRSSA, 4:30pm, Simpkins 020.
- Wed Sep 5: PRSSA, 4:30pm, Simpkins 220.
- Mon Sep 3: Labor day; university closed.
- Wed Aug 29: NCTE, 4:30pm, Simpkins 025.
- Wed Aug 29: Faculty Meeting, 12:00pm, Simpkins 014.
- Mon Aug 20: Classes begin.
- Mon Aug 20: Welcome to five new professors: Lisa Barr, Merrill Cole, Lisa Kernek, Dan Malachuk, and Chris Morrow.