English and Journalism
Resources for current and Prospective students
Calls for Papers
Scholarship is important. One of the best ways to improve your vita is to present at a conference. The first step for that is answering Calls For Papers (CFP). Here is the University of Pennsylvania's CFP archive--the best way to find conference and publication possibilities.
Useful Forms (University & Department)
- Application for Admission
- For prospective students considering application to the graduate program.
- Application for Readmission
- For former graduate students interested in continuing their studies.
- Request to Reactivate Application (PDF) (DOCX)
- For prospective students who applied within the last 2 years and did not attend, but now want to attend.
- Application for Admission to Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program (PDF) (DOCX) (DOC)
- For current students interested in applying for one of the University's many Post-Baccalaureate Certificates.
- Application for Graduate Assistantship
- For prospective and current students seeking funding for their graduate studies, it is highly recommended that you apply for an assistantship in which you will tutor in the writing center, and teach one section of English 180: College Writing I.
- WIU Senior Registering for Graduate Classes
- For outstanding undergraduate students interested in applying for graduate level courses.
- English Graduate Student Handbook
- A graduate student's primary resource for any and all questions about graduate studies at WIU.
- Certificate Capstone Proposal Form (ENG 653, 657, 658)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate students must complete a Capstone course (different than the Capstone exit option) in either Literary Studies, Professional Writing, or Teaching Writing to complete their certificate.
- ENG 690 Thesis Proposal Form
- For students interested in the Thesis exit option.
- ENG 680 Capstone Proposal Form
- For students interested in the Capstone exit option.
- Application for Admission to Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- For students interested in applying for one of three Post-Baccalaureates Certificates offered by the Department of English and Journalism: Literary Studies, Professional Writing, and Teaching Writing.
- Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Completion
- Upon completion of ENG 653, 657, or 658, (Certificate Capstone courses) you may apply for completion of your Post-Baccalaureate Certificate.
- English MA Program Exit Survey
- Once you have been hooded, please complete this survey to better the graduate experience of future students!