Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
English and Journalism
September 13, 2012
Attendees: Ashley Lovelace, Beth Clothier, Nicole Hagstrom Schmidt, Jessica Mason
McFadden, John DeGregorio, Layton Schroeder, Dr. Morrow, Jess Scadden
- Need student representative to attend graduate committee meetings on Wednesday at 10 A.M.
o Jess Mason McFadden has taken the position
- Dr. Peebles said she will be using PowerPoint
o We need to figure out if the room has speakers to decide if we need to get extra
o Ashley Jones will inquire about Morgan Hall and get back to EGO as soon as she
- We now have the EGO email address
o Got an email about publishing the proceedings of the conference.
o Extremely long process
- Dr. Thompson suggests that we preserve the papers from the conference
o Presenters could send a pdf of their paper and the library can search and catalog
- Jess inquiring about why we do not include creative pieces
o One reason is that we do not offer an MFA
o It could be done but we need to consider space and other issues
- John has given the poster designs to Beth and Jess
o Beth will email Katie now about fliers
- The CFP has been edited for word length
- We need to be in discussion with faculty about forming panels, both encouraging them and working with them
- Beth and Jess have created a schedule.
o Should we print a CFP to pass out?
- Dr. Morrow will create a shared dropbox folder
- Look for local graduate programs to contact and encourage to attend conference
o Nicole needs headcount and budget
Count on about 50
o Buffet is minimum $10 per person
o With coffee it could be up to $15
o $10.80 a gallon coffee
- We should contact IDEAS
- John will talk to Cass to get forms or information about ordering food
- Meetings will be changed to 3:30 in the hopes of getting people from ENG 580 to come
- the meeting
- Dr. DiCarmine will speak to her film club
- Game Night
o Taylor Hall? Simpkins Hall?
John will contact Taylor Hall and see how much it costs.