Campus Connection Submissions for May 10, 2013
- Gisele Hamm, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,652 from various sources for "MAPPING Community Support (continuous)." On-going
- Mary Margaret Harris, Beu Health Center—$7,908 from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine (SIU), for "West Central Illinois Telehealth Initiative." FY13-14
- Jamie Lange, WQPT-TV Quad Cities—$23,089 from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) for "WQPT CPB Community Service Grant." FY13-15
- Kathy Barclay, C & I, presented a 2 hour and 45 minute workshop entitled "Meeting the Common Core Standards for Informational Literature" at the International Reading Association Annual Convention held on April 22 in San Antonio, TX. While at the Convention, she also presented at a Round Table discussion on "Publishing a Dynamite State Journal." Barclay presented two sessions at the Plain Talk About Reading Conference in New Orleans: "Are You Paying Attention to Young Children's Language? Assessing and Building Pre-K Children's Oral Language as Base for Literacy," and "Making Informed Decisions About Informational Text: Selecting High Quality Nonfiction to Help K-2 Children Meet the CCSS (Common Core State Standards) for Reading Informational Text."
- Fred Iutzi, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs, presented "Illinois Biomass Working Group: Accelerating Biomass Development in the Prairie State" at the International Biomass Conference & Expo, April 8-10, 2013 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Fred Iutzi, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs, presented "A State-Level Approach to Biomass Development and Stakeholder Mobilization: Illinois Biomass Working Group" at the Energy Biosciences Institute Biofuels Law & Regulation Conference, April 19, 2013 in Champaign, IL.
- Thomas Williams presented the paper "Early Season Tornado Outbreak across the Ohio Valley on March 2, 2012" at two conferences. The first presentation was at the Central Iowa National Weather Association Severe Storms and Doppler Radar Conference held in Ankeny (Des Moines), Iowa on April 6, 2013. The second presentation came at the annual meeting of the Association of American Geographers in Los Angeles, CA on April 10, 2013. Thomas Williams also served as a judge for the World Geography Bowl competition held at the meeting on April 12, 2013.
- Administrative Employee of the Month - Patrick McGrath, Assistant Director at Campus Recreation
- Civil Service Employee of the Month - Sandra Huston, Staff Nurse II at Beu Health Center
- Graduate Assistants of the Month -
- Elizabeth Andrews - Beu Health Education
- Teri Cameron - Office of Student Activities
- Student Employee of the Month - Ellen Chaney, Office of Student Activities
- Act of Kindness Award Winners:
- Robin Bauerly
- Delbert Campbell
- Belinda Carr
- Amanda Divin
- Stacy Dorethy
- JoAnn Hairston-Jones
- Lisa Johnson
- Cindy McClintock
- Lorette Oden
- Barbara Woolam
- Amanda M. Davis, Office Support Associate, Institute for Rural Affairs, 3/25/13.
- Dawn Marie Gray, Office Support Specialist, Center for International Studies, 4/22/13.
- Anne M. Reed, Office Support Specialist, Economics and Decision Sciences, 3/25/13.
- Kerry L. McBride, Business Administrative Associate, President's Office, 4/2/13. Former Name: Kerry LeMaster.
- Sandy B. Pendell, Child Care Assistant, Infant & Preschool Center, 3/17/13. Accepted A&P Position on campus.
- Charla K. Pratt, Financial Aid Adviser, WIU Quad Cities Student Services, 3/25/13.