Campus Connection Submissions for June 21, 2013
- Jonathan Ahl, WIUM—$12,422 from the Illinois Arts Council (IAC) for "WIUM General Operating Support." FY13-14
- Jonathan Ahl, WIUM-FM—$5,929 from the Corporation of Public Broadcasting (CPB) for "Radio Community Service-FY13." FY13
- Mark Bernards, Agriculture—$47,500 from the University of Illinois (U of I) for "Weeds Managed Research Area." FY13-14
- Scott Coker, Mandi Green and Tara Beal, Facilities Maintenance—$23,513 from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity for "WIU Food Waste Composting Expansion." FY13-14
- Greg Garrett, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$80,000 from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) for "Small Business Development Center CY13 – Federal." FY13-14
- Greg Garrett, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$80,000 from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) for "Small Business Development Center CY13 – State." FY13-14
- Gisele Hamm, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,414 from various sources for "MAPPING Community Support (continuous)." On-going
- Robin Hanna, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,500 from various sources for "RETAC Services (continuous)." On-going
- Robin Hanna, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,500 from various sources for the project entitled "RETAC Services (continuous)." On-going
- Sue Hum-Musser, Biology—$3,600 from URC Sponsored Projects for "The Impact of Ozone and Insect Herbivory on Genome-wide Plant Gene Expression." FY14
- Ranbir Kang, Geography—$4,125 from URC Sponsored Projects for "River Responses to Urbanization: A Case Study of Sugarland Run from Chesapeake Bay System for Developing a National Science Foundation Grant Proposal." FY14
- James Lamer and Sean Jenkins, Biological Sciences—$45,777 from the U.S. Geological Survey for "Ecological Studies on Asian Carp to Assess Habitat Selection, Migration, Feeding Behaviors and Potential Recruitment Constraints to Inform Control Measures." FY13-14
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$5,000 from various sources for "Peace Corps Community Contributions." On-going
- Heather McIlvaine-Newsad, Sociology and Anthropology—$70,246 from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for "Collaborative Research: Geospatial Modeling for Pro-Active Flood Mitigation in the Rural Midwest." FY13-14
- Febe Pamonag, History—$4,099 from URC Sponsored Projects for "Competing Expectations and Negotiations between American Benefactors, a Japanese Founder and the Recipient of an Early Twentieth Century Project for Japanese Women's Higher Education." FY14
- Andrea Porras-Alfaro, Biological Sciences—$50,000 from Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) for "Fungal Metagenomics Analysis-modification #5." FY13-14
- William Pratt, Quad City Engineering—$48,354 from Quad Cities Manufacturing Lab (QCML) for "Quad City Manufacturing Lab Labor Pool." FY13-14
- Mary Pruess, WQPT—$27,792 from the Illinois Arts Council (IAC) for "WQPT General Operating Support." FY13-14
- Mary Pruess, WQPT-TV Quad Cities—$104,035 from the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) for "WARN Phase II Generator." FY13-14
- Daneen Richardson, Health Sciences/Sciences Librarian—$5,000 from Illinois Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White to purchase health sciences books for students studying in the WIU School of Nursing. A $4,000 award will also be presented to the Macomb Public Library. FY13
- Daneen Richardson, Libraries—$5,000 from the Illinois State Library (ISL) for "Nursing Resources for a Rural Academic Library." FY13-14
- Kimberly Sikes, Center for the Application of Information Technologies (CAIT)—$20,129 from the McDonald's Corporation for "McDonald's Marketing and Insights 2013 SABA Consulting." FY13-14
- Lori Sutton, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$565 from various sources for the project entitled "Continuum of Care Support (continuous)." On-going
- Lori Sutton, Illinois Institute of Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$1,260 from Various Sources for "Continuum of Care Support (continuous)." On-going
- Bridget Welch and Craig Tollini, Sociology and Anthropology—$4,887 from URC Sponsored Projects for "The Effect of Disclosure Network Formation and Characteristics on Sexual Assault Survivor Outcomes." FY14
- Don Healy, professor emeritus of special education, appeared as a panelist at the Davenport Civil Rights Commission day-long workshop on April 18, 2013, entitled "Americans with Disabilities Act: Where Do I Fit In?" The panelists reviewed the topic "Benefits and Outcomes of Advocacy: Who Does it Help?" at the workshop. On April 24, he appeared on the WQPT television program "The Cities" to discuss this and related ADA topics with Michelle Neels Scheper of the Commission.
- Richard Ness, broadcasting professor, presented the paper "Killer Riffs: Music as Cultural Identifier in Contemporary Neo-Noir" at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies annual conference in Chicago March 6-10. Ness also chaired the panel "Hot-Jazz in Stone: The Urban Landscapes and Soundscapes of Film Noir."
- Fred Iutzi and Xiaolan Liu, of IIRA, along with David Ripplinger of North Dakota State University, presented "Midwest Residential Heating Fuel Use Assessment" at the Heating the Midwest with Renewable Biomass Conference & Expo held April 24-26 in Carlton, MN.
- Charles O'Brien, professor emeritus of history, has published Death of a Robber Baron (Kensington Books, 2013), the first in his new series of historical mystery novels. The story is set in the Gay Nineties of America's late 19th-century Gilded Age.
- Ashenhurst, Alexa L., Office Support Specialist, Development Office, 6/10/13.
- Dimmick, Tiffany R., Office Support Associate, English & Journalism, 6/3/13.
- Harty, Sheryl D., Admissions/Records Representative, Graduate Studies, 6/3/13.
- Bowen, Donald E., Assistant Equal Opportunity Officer, Equal Opportunity and Access Office, 5/31/13.
- Colley, Monte L., Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Facilities Management, 4/30/13. Accepted an A&P position on campus.
- Danner, Samuel F., Storekeeper II, Facilities Management Stores, 5/31/13.
- Smith, Donald R., Superintendent of Building Services, Building Services, 5/31/13.