Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Connection Submissions for February 1, 2013
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,000 from various sources for "Peace Corps Community Contributions." ongoing
- Lori Sutton, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$2,125 from various sources for "Continuum of Care (continuous)." ongoing
- Brendan Young, Communication, along with project leader Kathleen Grant of VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System and co-investigator Kimberly Tyler of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln—$170,044 from the Department of Veterans Affairs' Office of Rural Health, Veterans Rural Health Resource Center – Central Region for "Intensive Referral Intervention to Improve Substance Use Disorder Treatment Outcomes among Rural and Highly Rural Veterans." FY13
- Breanna McEwan published her book chapter, co-written with J. Mease, "Compressed crystals: A Metaphor for Mediated Identity Expression," in C. Cunningham's "Social Networking and Impression Management: Self-presentation in the Digital Age."
- Brendan Young, Communication, delivered a lecture, "Al-Anon Family Groups: A Systems Perspective on Addiction," at the NWI (Nebraska-Western Iowa) Research Friday Seminar in Omaha, NE, on Sept. 21, 2012.
- Brendan Young, Communication, published "Al-Anon Family Groups: Origins, Conceptual Basis, Outcomes, and Research Opportunities" in the Journal of Groups in Addiction Recovery on Sept. 25, 2012.
- Brendan Young, Communication, presented a solo-authored paper, "Communication Strategies of Sponsored Members of Alcoholics Anonymous," at the National Communication Association Convention, Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort, Orlando, FL, on Nov. 15, 2012.
- Brendan Young, Communication, presented a solo-authored paper, "Al-Anon and the Dark Side of Relationship Recovery," on the panel, "Dark Sides of Extending, Seeking, Receiving Social Support Across Health Contexts," at the National Communication Association Convention, Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort, Orlando, FL, on Nov. 16, 2012.
Civil Service Employee of the Month
- Clarene Royer, Client Relations Representative II in the Scholarship Office
Graduate Assistant of the Month
- Craig Wagner, Assistant Complex Director in Lincoln Hall for University Housing and Dining Services
Acts of Kindness Award Winners
- Griffin Bainter
- Jenna Casteel