Our students develop excellent skills and foundational knowledge in all aspects of hospitality, allowing them to pursue a variety of careers in management, marketing, catering, advertising, or sales.
Students choose advanced courses to best suit their needs in management, lodging, and/or restaurant as needed. A required internship for this comprehensive major further develops students for their chosen career.
- Banquet manager
- Bed and breakfast manager
- Catering services
- Convention services and meeting coordination
- Cruise director
- Executive housekeeping manager
- Event planning and management
- Food and beverage management
- Guest services manager
- Hotel manager or assistant manager
- Lodging operation management
- Restaurant manager or assistant manager
Why Choose Hospitality Management at WIU?
Our students enjoy opportunities to participate in domestic and international study tours, advisory council seminars, local, state, and national professional meetings. All students are encouraged to complete an internship program to gain real world experience and have opportunities to develop their professional network and strengthen their vocational reach.
At A Glance
- Major: Yes
- Minor: Yes
- Graduate Degree: No
- Campus: Macomb