Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
First Year Experience
Peer mentoring isn’t just working inside the classroom. You’ll have the opportunity to help faculty and students by:
- Attending the training session (prior to the start of each semester).
- Assistance to freshmen in adjusting to class during the first week by attending FYE class.
- Occasionally attending class during the semester.
- Assisting students with course material.
- Finding and arranging possible co-curricular events.
- Joint attendance with the faculty member at least 3 co-curricular events.
- Attending some co-curricular events without the faculty member.