Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
First Year Experience
FYE: Course Activity Funds
- Funds are held and monitored by the Provost’s Office
- Due to 2011-2012 budgetary constraints, each Faculty/Peer Mentor will have to request course funds prior to arranging an activity (each request for funds will be assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- Grants of up to $300 per course may be requested on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact Dr. Katrina Daytner KM-Daytner@wiu.edu for the Funding Request Form.
Before Using Funds
- Select an event/activity
- Get information on fees/charges (there are many events on campus free to students)
- Peer Mentors must acquire faculty member’s pre-approval
- Mentors may schedule events/make arrangements, but only faculty can seek approval for funding from the Provost’s Office. The University cannot directly reimburse students.
- WIU is tax exempt; they do not pay or reimburse sales tax. If you need our tax identification letter, please contact Valencia Pettigrew at 298-1066. If tax is paid, we can only reimburse the faculty member for the subtotal of the goods/services.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 60 days from date charges were incurred; late submissions are subject to payroll taxes.
After Using Funds
- Complete an FYE Activity Fund Form for each charge or reimbursement request and submit original charge slips and receipts to the Provost’s Office (form is on the FYE website).
- If goods/services are purchased with a credit card, the Business Office requests the original, itemized receipt.
In most instances, faculty members make payment at the time of service and then submit receipts for reimbursement, but there are many activities that can be charged or billed directly to the Provost’s Office. For example: Union bowling or movies, University Theatre or Bureau of Cultural Affairs tickets.
For events that are billed or charged, like theatre tickets, make sure we are only paying for tickets that are used. Find out if the ticket office can keep track of who actually attended the event so we are not charged for tickets that are not used.
Funds may not be used for:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Water/Bottled Water
- Vehicle Charges (outside of the WIU fleet)
- Logo Wear or Promotional Items
- Hazardous Materials
- Personal Items
Contact Dr. Katrina Daytner at KM-Daytner@wiu.edu or 298-1015.