Printing to Your Copier: Printing with User IDs & Passwords
Note: The "Confirm Password" and "Confirm ID/Password" dialogs that appear in the procedure below may appear in the reverse order on some computers or with some operating systems.
- Initiate printing in the application from which you wish to print so that the Print dialog appears. (In most programs, select Print from the File menu.)
- After making any necessary print settings, press the OK button.
Note: The "Confirm Password" and "Confirm ID/Password" dialogs that appear in the following steps may appear in the reverse order.
- In the Confirm Password dialog, enter a document name, a user name, and a document password in the correponding fields. Click the OK button.
- The dialog may appear with default values, which you may change; but none of the three fields may be left empty.
- The document password generally differs from the user password that you use when you first approach the copier (if your department uses optional user passwords along with user IDs).
- You may choose to change the document password from document to document, and it need not be your user ID.
- In the Confirm ID/Password dialog, enter your user ID in the ID field. If you normally enter a user password to make copies, then also enter your user password in the Password field; if you do not normally enter a user password, leave the Password field blank. Click the OK button.
- The document you printed will be sent to the copier. You must go to the copier and release your document for printing as described in the next steps.
- At the copier, enter your user ID and user password (if applicable). Press the ID button on the copier keypad.
- Press System Monitor on the copier touch screen.
- Press Print on the copier touch screen.
- Select the item corresponding to the document you wish to print from the Status list on the copier touch screen.
- Press Secured Print on the copier touch screen.
- When prompted to enter the document password, enter it from the copier keypad.
- Press OK on the computer touch screen. Your document will begin printing within a few moments.