This page contains a wealth of resources related to using technology for teaching and research. The list includes links to professional organizations, publications, technology tools and software, education resources from vendors, and much more. Please feel free to contact us and suggest additional resources that can be added to this growing list.
- University Technology (uTech): public labs and computer support
- College-controlled Labs:These college controlled labs are independently scheduled through the colleges and their departments.
- Other WIU Technology Resources
Organizations and Associations
- MERLOT: Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- World Lecture Hall: links to pages created by faculty worldwide who are using technology for teaching.
- Educause: A nonprofit association for advancing higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- The TLT Group: Improve teaching and learning by making more appropriate use of information technology without sacrificing what matters most.
Online Books, Journals, Reports, and Libraries
- Journal of Online Learning and Teaching
- Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education (CITE)
- Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration
- Educational Technology & Society
Social Bookmarking, WIKIs, and Blogs
- CiteULike: Citation Sharing - Share, store, and organize the academic papers you read.
- del.icio.us: Social bookmarking - your bookmarks and everyone else's.
- PBworks: Another WIKI that can be used by educators.
- Wikipedia: A free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
- Blogger: Creating blog web sites, where you can quickly post thoughts, interact with people, and more.
- Wordpress: Blog site
- Dropbox: File hosting service