In 2005, the Provost's Awards of Excellence was established to celebrate faculty contributions in teaching, research, service and campus initiatives. Six awards are granted annually culminating in a recognition ceremony in the early fall of each year. Award recipients receive a $1,000 stipend and a crystal recognition sculpture. Candidates must be current Unit A or B faculty.
Packets are due to CITR BEFORE 4:30 August 17th, 2018. Unfortunately, no exceptions.
- Application Guidelines, Checklist, and Criteria (PDF)
- Submission Overview (PDF)
- Example of Impact (PDF)
- Awards Timeline
Six Awards Celebrate:
- Excellence in Teaching - View Guidelines
- Excellence in Teaching with Technology - View Guidelines
- Excellence in Scholarly/Creative/Performance Activity - View Guidelines
- Excellence in Community and University Service - View Guidelines
- Excellence in Multicultural Teaching - View Guidelines
- Excellence in Internationalizing the Campus - View Guidelines
Clarification: You can include 3 letters of support which don't count towards the 10 page limitation (this is listed in the general guidelines). See above.
- Narrative – no more than five (5) pages, single spaced and single sided – be sure to state the impact on university, students and community.
- Ten (10) single sided pages of supporting documentation. Whenever applicable, such as in the case of performative/creative works, faculty may submit multi-media materials such as DVDs, CD-ROMs, etc. as part of their supporting documentation. For each DVD or CD-ROM submitted, the number of pages of supporting documentation should be reduced by the number of items represented on the disc. DVD or CD-ROM submissions should not contain multipage works, such as journal articles or books.
- Each application must contain a stipulated appendix.
- Up to three (3) letters of support from deans, chairs, peers or students
Therefore, if your letters are from a dean, chair, peer or students, that would not count towards the 10.