Crops: Developing Sustainable Solutions
November 12-15th, 2012
Hosted by Dr. Colleen McMahan (AAIC President 2012)
2012 Program Guide - Final Program is now available!
Unless otherwise indicated, all conference events will take
The Lodge at Sonoma
Sonoma CA 95476
Full registration includes:
* Admission to Plenary session, all technical and poster sessions.
* Conference abstracts book.
* Welcome package.
* Opening Reception: Monday, November 12, 6-8pm, Stone Building
* Lunches and morning and afternoon refreshment breaks Tuesday-Thursday
* Awards banquet: Thursday, November 15, 6:00pm-10:00pm, Stone Building
AAIC Member: Early registration (before Sept 15) $450.00
after Sept 15, 2012 $500.00
Non-member: Early registration (before Sept 15) $500.00
after Sept 15, 2012 $550.00
Single day: $150.00 (includes lunch and refreshment breaks)
Awards Banquet: $75.00 (vegetarian option available)
Call for Abstracts: Due Date Extended: September 10, 2012 by 5pm PST
Go here for guidelines for abstract submission and sample abstract (requires Adobe® Reader®).
Go here for poster formatting information (requires Adobe® Reader®).
1325 Broadway at Leveroni & Napa Roads · Sonoma, California 95476 USA
Toll Free: 888-710-8008
* Mention AAIC2012 meeting when making your reservation. Links below will reflect the group rate.
* Rates below available Sunday 11/11 through Thursday 11/15.
* Reservations must be made by Friday, October 19, 2012, and are subject to availability. (Book early before rooms are sold out!)
* If your room choice is not available, or you have difficulty with on-line reservations contact Registrar Valerie Teetor at 520-621-2817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard room (1King bed or 2 Double beds) $109.00/night
Cottage room (larger room, 1King bed or 2Double beds plus sleeper sofa and fireplace) $159.00/night
plus applicable state and local taxes (currently 10% + 0.35 commerce fee per room per night)
Air and Ground Transportation
Three international airports service the Bay Area: San
Francisco (SFO) 55 miles, Oakland (OAK) 57 miles, and Sacramento
(SAC) 72 miles.
The hotel does not offer shuttle service to airports. On-site parking is complimentary.
One way taxi service ranges from $200-$300.
Shuttle option to/from airports include:
Shuttle California shuttlecalifornia.com 707-648-7008
8am-8pm $110 first person, $10 for each additional (one way)
Higher rates outside core hours
Tours & Events
Monday, November 12, 2012 10am-3pm
Benziger Winery and Sonoma Square: $75/person
* transportation to/from the Lodge at Sonoma
* private tractor tram vineyard tour
* wine tasting
* lunch with wine (or soft drinks) at the Barn at the Oak Terrace
* 10% off all purchases
* all taxes and gratuities
Set just above the wine country village of Glen Ellen, Benziger Family Winery occupies one of the most beautiful spots in Sonoma Valley. You will enjoy a private tram tour through terraced vineyards, with stops along the way at various exhibits, a visit to the crush pad, barrel aging caves, and the Tasting Room. The tour will offer a close-up look at the Biodynamic farming approach, a history of one of California's oldest family wineries, and breathtaking views of the valley.
On our way back to the Lodge we will stop at charming downtown Sonoma. The Sonoma Plaza is the old town square and the largest of its kind in California. The Plaza's eight acres and the surrounding street grid were laid out by General Mariano Guadelupe Vallejo in 1836, turning Sonoma from a mission town to a Mexican style pueblo. For a short time, Sonoma was the center of traffic and trade north of San Francisco. Today the Plaza is lined with charming shops, popular restaurants and Sonoma Valley agricultural specialties, including world-renowned cheeses and wines. Casually explore galleries, shops, and the many historical landmarks.